So, it’s finally October and I don’t know about you, but I am so excited! There are so many reasons to love this month–the scary movie marathons, the candy aisle, corn mazes, hayrides, apple cider, warm days and cold nights, fuzzy sweaters–but this October is extra special. And why’s that?
Well, because we are about to receive some amazing books this month. Like, more than I can afford to buy. So many that this has to be a three part list so yinz don’t get bored. The lists are by release date, so get out your calendars and get ready to buy ALL the books.
(Countdown to my most anticipated release)
6. While fall tends to be my season for devouring high fantasy and sci-fi, I am here for this book. It’s about a girl, Raquel, whose best friend dies of cancer. Heartbroken and grieving, she doesn’t know what to do until a letter arrives from Sasha, leaving behind a scavenger hunt for Raquel.
This sounds like it’s gonna smash my heart and hopefully put it back together again. Find the full summary here.
5. Okay, so this is one you’re going to have to go check out the full summary for.
But just know that there are wish-granting dragons, a ravaged land, and SAMURAIS. I don’t know about you, but those three things are enough to sign me up. Not to mention, it’s Julie Kagawa.
4. Okay, so I need to get something off my chest here…I haven’t exactly finished Strange the Dreamer. Yet. That’s the key word. Because the first book is beautiful and strange (ha ha ha), and while I’ve read about 100 pages, it intimidates the crap out of me. But that’s because Laini Taylor is an absolute writing goddess.
Part of me feels like I don’t even really need to drop a summary link here, but I will in case you’re like me, or you simply have no idea what I just rambled on about.
3. I LOVED THE GENTLEMAN’S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE. It was hysterical, heartfelt, and the historical YA I never knew I needed. Honestly, for me, that novel broke boundaries–and by boundaries I mean how I normally tend to find historical novels stuffy and not my cup of tea–but I swear, I connected to Felicity the first time we met her in GGTVAV, so I’m so thrilled to get her story.
I’m gonna try to squeeze in time to reread before diving in. So, let’s all just bide our time here for a few more hours until this beauty is released.
2. I’M SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS AGAIN BUT I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL I’M TAKING THIS BEAUTY HOME. Like that cover is enough to make me spend all the monies on it, seriously.
A girl–who is not really a girl but a Beastie–is accused of killing the evil witch who created her and is then chased by a secret magical society.
I’m in. Take my money. And here ya go, if you need a little more convincing.
Here we are: my most anticipated read of October 2nd. I’ve been waiting for this book for longer than I can remember at this point. It sounds like it has all of the elements I love.
Cursed town. A monster that lurks in the woods. Girls have been disappearing for centuries. Three girls have to band together to stop it from happening again?
Like, yes, I’m here for all of these things. And then I saw Claire Legrand’s own comment on the book’s GoodReads page and I was even more sold. Check it out!
So, that’s that. I’m legit soooo excited for all of these novels and can’t wait to get my hands on them.
What releases are you excited for this month? Drop ’em in the comments below.